Flume, mail # user - Is it possible to check if there are events in a channel?

Is it possible to check if there are events in a channel?
Andrei 2013-08-26, 11:41
Are there any tools to monitor state of a Flume channel and, specifically,
determine the moment when there are no more events?

To give you some context: I have a batch of events that I want to pass
through Flume and eventually get to HDFS via corresponding sink. When all
events of the batch are dumped, I want to perform post-processing routine
on the entire batch. My assumption is that if channel is empty for a while,
all events of the batch are dumped and I can start the routing. But how can
I determine if channel is empty?