Hadoop, mail # user - Re: Format the harddrive

Re: Format the harddrive
Jeffrey Buell 2013-02-25, 22:40
What make and model are these machines? What is the storage controller? You may need to go into the storage configuration tool during hardware boot and look at how the controller has configured the disks. Maybe they need to be activated. Or delete all the "virtual disks" and start over. On HP machines you can use the command-line tool "hpacucli" to do this. Other vendors probably have similar tools.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Rahul1 Shah" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 2:27:39 PM
Subject: RE: Format the harddrive

I used gparted and wiped of every partition disks had. But as soon as I put the OS back it gives me the warning “Disks sdc, sde, sdf, sdi, sdk contain BIOS RAID metadata but are not part of any recognized BIOS RAID sets/ Ignoring disks sdc, sde, sdf, sdi, sdk. It shows me the RAID strips to load OS into and I cant remove them after I load OS since it contains the boot.

Right now trying the dd command over the entire disk to wipe of any data. Hope it works. If you have any better solution pls let me know. Thanks