Hive >> mail # user >> Adding Hive Partitions Programatically.

Re: Adding Hive Partitions Programatically.
If you have hive-server running somewhere you can do following-

HiveConf hiveConf = new HiveConf(MyClass.class);

hiveConf.set("hive.metastore.local", "false");

hiveConf.set(ConfVars.METASTOREURIS.varname, url);

HiveMetaStoreClient client = new HiveMetaStoreClient(hiveConf);

and then do-
client.add_partition(part);

Thanks,
Aniket