HBase >> mail # user >> EC2 Elastic MapReduce HBase install recommendations

+
Pal Konyves 2013-05-08, 02:01
+
Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmase... 2013-05-08, 02:31
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-05-08, 02:41
+
Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmase... 2013-05-08, 02:42
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-09, 04:04
+
Amandeep Khurana 2013-05-09, 04:12
+
Michel Segel 2013-05-09, 04:47
+
Pal Konyves 2013-05-09, 09:39
+
Michel Segel 2013-05-09, 12:32
Re: EC2 Elastic MapReduce HBase install recommendations
Hi,

I decided not to make any tuning, because my whole project is about
experimenting with HBase (it's a scool project). However it turned out that
my sample data generated lots of rowkey collisions. 4 million inserts only
resulted in about 5000 rows. The data were different though in the columns.
When I changed my sample dataset to have no collisions in the rowkey, the
performance increased with a magnitude of 10. Why is that?

Thanks,
Pal

+
Ted Yu 2013-05-12, 02:25