Pig >> mail # user >> Read Hive LazySimpleSerde with Pig

+
Shawn Hermans 2013-03-12, 18:17
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2013-03-12, 21:53
Re: Read Hive LazySimpleSerde with Pig
It uses ^A for record separator.  That would be easy enough as I could just
use PigStorage("\001") to pull in the records.  The only issue is how to
extract maps.  It uses ^C to separate entires within the map and ^B to
separate key/value pairs in the map.  It wouldn't be too difficult to write
a UDF to parse the map entries, I was just wondering if there was a
built-in way of doing that.

Thanks,
Shawn
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Dmitriy Ryaboy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How does LazySimpleSerde store data?
>

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Shawn Hermans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > All,
> > Is there an easy way to read Hive LazySimpleSerde encoded files in Pig?
> > did some research and found support for Hive's columnar format and for
> > SequenceFiles, but did not see anything for LazySimpleSerde.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Shawn

+
Shawn Hermans 2013-03-13, 15:39