Pig, mail # user - Read Hive LazySimpleSerde with Pig

Re: Read Hive LazySimpleSerde with Pig
Shawn Hermans 2013-03-12, 23:35
It uses ^A for record separator.  That would be easy enough as I could just
use PigStorage("\001") to pull in the records.  The only issue is how to
extract maps.  It uses ^C to separate entires within the map and ^B to
separate key/value pairs in the map.  It wouldn't be too difficult to write
a UDF to parse the map entries, I was just wondering if there was a
built-in way of doing that.

Thanks,
Shawn