HBase >> mail # user >> Extending HBase Metrics Framework

+
Joarder KAMAL 2013-06-06, 07:13
Re: Extending HBase Metrics Framework
1) Metrics infos have been collected from HMaster\RS, and covering rpc,
jvm, hbase functional module (like compaction\flush\request Count\DataBlock
read &&write etc).

2) You can set metrics info handler in conf/hadoop-metrics.properties
for example, you can set hbase.class org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext31, it will tell Metrics
System where the metrics will be sent to. Of course, this is Ganglia.
if set
hbase.class=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.metrics.file.TimeStampingFileContext,
it will write the metrics to file.

# hbase.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext
# hbase.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext31
# hbase.period=10
# hbase.servers=10.100.4.151:8650
#hbase.class=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.metrics.file.TimeStampingFileContext
#hbase.period=10
#hbase.fileName=/opt/hbase/logs/metrics_hbase.log

--
Bing Jiang
Tel:(86)134-2619-1361