Chukwa >> mail # dev >> agent: doubt about sleeping condition in FileTailer.java

agent: doubt about sleeping condition in FileTailer.java
Hi,

In the run() method we have:
        if (timeToReadFiles < SAMPLE_PERIOD_MS || shouldISleep) {
          Thread.sleep(SAMPLE_PERIOD_MS);

If there is no more data to tail, we shall sleep 2 seconds. Fine.

But:
if we manage to tail files in less than 2 seconds, then we must wait 2 seconds.
Even if there is more data to tail???

Seems like it is a bug and the real condition should be:
(timeToReadFiles < SAMPLE_PERIOD_MS && shouldISleep).

Makes sense?

Sourygna