Pig >> mail # user >> Scoring DESCRIBE of an alias

Re: Scoring DESCRIBE of an alias
Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for or not, but you could
use PigStorageSchema in piggybank (up to version 0.9 IIRC) or PigStorage
with the '-schema' flag (on the trunk). This will read/write a JSON version
of your describe into HDFS so you don't need to redefine your fields in
future scripts.
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Prashant Kommireddi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> If your goal is to store the output of describe between iterations,
> you could possibly run the script in batch mode and redirect output to
> a file?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 29, 2012, at 2:39 PM, Gayatri Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I was wondering if there was a way for me to store the DESCRIBE on an
> alias
> > in a file.
> > Often we have many fields to store and we keep adding fields that we want
> > to store, it would be great if we can automatically store the describe
> in a
> > file.
> > Any help in this regarding would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Gayatri

[EMAIL PROTECTED] going forward.*