Pig, mail # user - Scoring DESCRIBE of an alias

Re: Scoring DESCRIBE of an alias
Bill Graham 2012-03-29, 23:09
Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for or not, but you could
use PigStorageSchema in piggybank (up to version 0.9 IIRC) or PigStorage
with the '-schema' flag (on the trunk). This will read/write a JSON version
of your describe into HDFS so you don't need to redefine your fields in
future scripts.
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Prashant Kommireddi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> If your goal is to store the output of describe between iterations,
> you could possibly run the script in batch mode and redirect output to
> a file?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 29, 2012, at 2:39 PM, Gayatri Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I was wondering if there was a way for me to store the DESCRIBE on an
> alias
> > in a file.
> > Often we have many fields to store and we keep adding fields that we want
> > to store, it would be great if we can automatically store the describe
> in a
> > file.
> > Any help in this regarding would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Gayatri

[EMAIL PROTECTED] going forward.*