Zookeeper >> mail # user >> determining ZK latency issues

+
Jun Rao 2013-08-08, 17:37
+
Martin Kou 2013-08-08, 18:18
Re: determining ZK latency issues
Since this zookeeper cluster is a pre-prod cluster and is used heavily, we
have turned the forceSync to OFF. So we don't see the fsync warnings on
this zookeeper cluster.

Thanks,
Neha
On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Martin Kou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Do you see fsync() warnings in your ZooKeeper log? It could be disk writes
> taking too long.
>
> Best Regards,
> Martin Kou
>

> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have a 3-node ZK cluster running 3.3.4 that are experiencing high
> > latency. From "stat", we saw avg latency to be 300-400ms consistently.
> > Outstanding requests jumps to ~600 from time to time. However, the
> server's
> > I/O and CPU are both low. If I start a new ZK client and do a few writes,
> > the observed response time in the client is also low (1ms).
> >
> > What's the best way to figure out why the reported latency in ZK server
> is
> > high? Also, are  min/avg/max latency computed on a rolling time window?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jun

+
Thawan Kooburat 2013-08-09, 02:35