Flume >> mail # user >> Log4J Appender in Flume

+
Connor Woodson 2013-01-18, 19:13
Re: Log4J Appender in Flume
Hi,

Do I understand this correctly, you are going to use the flume log4j
appender to collect flume logs?

If so, I don't see how you'd avoid the feedback loop.

Brock

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Connor Woodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just ran into an unfortunate configuration issue; I want to use flume's
> log4j appender as part of the agent itself in order to send error logs to a
> monitoring system. However, when that system is down (which it should be
> able to be without causing issues), the RPCClient (even though it's in a
> Failover Sink) throws an error/warning that it can't connect to the system,
> and then that error gets routed recursively back into the appender and so
> forth...
>
> Is there any way to make this system work (using the log4j appender on error
> messages), or if not any recommendations on how to track my error logs?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Connor

Connor Woodson 2013-01-21, 01:05