Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Re: distcp question

+
kojie.fu 2012-10-12, 19:20
+
Rita 2012-10-12, 20:40
+
Rita 2012-10-12, 13:44
Re: distcp question
Rita,

I believe, per the implementation, that webhdfs:// URIs should work
fine. Please give it a try and let us know.

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM, Rita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have 2 different versions of Hadoop running. I need to copy significant
> amount of data  (100tb) from one cluster to another. I know distcp is the
> way to do. On the target cluster I have webhdfs running. Would that work?
>
> The DistCp manual says, I need to use "HftpFileSystem". Is that necessary
> or will webhdfs do the task?

Harsh J
+
J. Rottinghuis 2012-10-12, 17:01