HBase >> mail # user >> HBase and Datawarehouse

+
Kiran 2013-04-28, 03:12
+
Em 2013-04-28, 11:12
+
shashwat shriparv 2013-04-28, 17:00
Re: HBase and Datawarehouse
*Database(SQL, NoSQL, Graph, Document etc etc)*

   1. Used for Online Transactional Processing (OLTP) but can be used for
   other purposes such as Data Warehousing. This records the data from the
   user for history.
   2. The tables and joins are complex since they are normalized (for
   RDMS). This is done to reduce redundant data and to save storage space.
   3. Entity – Relational modeling techniques are used for RDMS database
   design.
   4. Optimized for write operation.
   5. Performance is low for analysis queries.

*Warehouse*

   1. Used for Online Analytical Processing (OLAP). This reads the
   historical data for the Users for business decisions.
   2. The Tables and joins are simple since they are de-normalized. This is
   done to reduce the response time for analytical queries.
   3. Data – Modeling techniques are used for the Data Warehouse design.
   4. Optimized for read operations.
   5. High performance for analytical queries.
   6. Is *usually* a Database.

                                                                HTH
Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM, shashwat shriparv <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> HBase is a nosql database
>
> *Thanks & Regards    *
>
> ∞
> Shashwat Shriparv
>

> On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Em <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I suggest you to read Google's BigTable-paper to understand the
> > differences.
> >
> > Am 28.04.2013 05:12, schrieb Kiran:
> > > What is the difference between a NoSQL database like HBase and a data
> > > warehouse? Doesn’t both store data from disparate sources and formats?
> > >

> > > --

Kiran 2013-04-29, 03:39
+
anil gupta 2013-04-29, 05:21