Zookeeper, mail # user - 2 instances of zookeeper in the same machine.

+
Pedro Costa 2012-06-27, 09:26
Re: 2 instances of zookeeper in the same machine.
Hartmut Lang 2012-06-27, 09:50
Hi,

you have to add a "myid" file in the dataDir that is defined in your
zoo.cfg.
(From zookeeper docu: "The myid file consists of a single line containing
only the text of that machine's id. So myid of server 1 would contain the
text "1" and nothing else. The id must be unique within the ensemble and
should have a value between 1 and 255.") This file is needed that the node
knows its own identity.

So you need to myid files (one for each zookeeper node).
And because you need too different myid files, you also need two different
zoo.cfg files. And set two different dataDirs in there.

Hope this helps,
Hartmut

+
Patrick Hunt 2012-06-27, 17:50