Flume, mail # user - Flume doesn't stop the last agent when I modify the flume.conf

+
Guillermo Ortiz 2013-09-26, 16:42
Re: Flume doesn't stop the last agent when I modify the flume.conf
Hari Shreedharan 2013-09-26, 17:57
You need to manually stop it. Flume does not stop itself if the agent name is not in the conf because the agent could pop up later if the conf is updated again.
Thanks,
Hari
On Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Guillermo Ortiz wrote:

> I'm using Flume 1.4.0 with several agents, I have used the guide from Cloudera to connect with Twitter.
>
> I have created another class to modify the flume.conf,
> I have in the beginning two or three agents (for example), when I colud add or delete them, when I delete the last one, Flume doesn't stop that Agent, it doesn't call the stop method although it detects that it doesn't exist anymore in the flume.conf.
>
> How could I stop the agent?? I don't want to stop Flume because I could modify it and add another agent later.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Guillermo.

+
Guillermo Ortiz 2013-09-26, 21:17