HBase, mail # user - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Direct buffer memory

Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Direct buffer memory
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-25, 23:18
Hi,

>From the logs, it seems you are running into the same problem I have
reported last week: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8143

There are some mitigation strategies outlined in that jira. It would be
good if you can confirm:
 - How many regions in the region server
 - How many open files per region or region server (look at the num store
files)
 - Your -Xmx and -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize settings