Avro >> mail # user >> Nullable Fields

Hi all,
I've been developing Gora to upgrade Avro 1.7.x and have a question. Why
do we have to use UNION type (Ex.: {"name": "field1", "type": ["null",
{"type":"map", "values":["null", "string"]}],"default":null}) for
nullable fields? Because of this issue, we have to handle UNION types in
an appropriate way both normal values and null values as exceptions.

Instead of UNION type, why don't we use a 'nullable' property for any field?