HBase >> mail # user >> HBase cluster over multiple EC2 Availability Zones?

+
Otis Gospodnetic 2013-05-06, 17:37
+
Amandeep Khurana 2013-05-06, 17:41
Re: HBase cluster over multiple EC2 Availability Zones?
Hi,

Actually, cross-AZ traffic is actually free.  It's cross-Region
traffic that's not free.  I realize the cross-AZ (translates to
cross-DC) traffic will be slower, but I wonder if there are any HBase
(or HDFS)-specific reasons why one should not attempt to do this?

Thanks,
Otis
HBASE Performance Monitoring - http://sematext.com/spm/index.html

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Amandeep Khurana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've not come across anyone spanning clusters cross AZ. You pay for cross
> AZ traffic and the link is slower than within a single AZ.
>
> Amandeep
>

> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Otis Gospodnetic <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do people spread HBase clusters over multiple EC2 Availability Zones,
>> or is that a big no-no?  Cross-AZ communication is supposedly going
>> over fast fiber optic cables.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Otis
>> --