HBase, mail # user - HBase cluster over multiple EC2 Availability Zones?

Re: HBase cluster over multiple EC2 Availability Zones?
Otis Gospodnetic 2013-05-06, 17:58
Hi,

Actually, cross-AZ traffic is actually free.  It's cross-Region
traffic that's not free.  I realize the cross-AZ (translates to
cross-DC) traffic will be slower, but I wonder if there are any HBase
(or HDFS)-specific reasons why one should not attempt to do this?

Thanks,
Otis
HBASE Performance Monitoring - http://sematext.com/spm/index.html