Accumulo >> mail # user >> Cancelling queued compactions in Accumulo 1.4

+
Mike Drob 2013-05-15, 06:47
+
John Vines 2013-05-15, 06:51
+
Mike Drob 2013-05-15, 06:53
+
John Vines 2013-05-15, 06:56
+
Mike Drob 2013-05-15, 19:29
+
Eric Newton 2013-05-15, 19:48
Re: Cancelling queued compactions in Accumulo 1.4
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 2:56 AM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I do not believe there is a way to tell a tserver to cancel all
> compactions. It would be a nice feature though. Mind putting on a ticket?

See ACCUMULO-990 its complete for 1.5
> Sorry for the dupe mike, missed hitting reply all

> On May 14, 2013 11:54 PM, "Mike Drob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Can I leave the ones that are already running and just dispose of the
>> queued compactions? If not, that seems like a pretty serious limitation.
>>

>> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 2:51 AM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure if it's possible. Scheduling a compaction is an entry in
>>> the metadata table. But once it gets triggered, there are then compactions
>>> scheduled locally for the tserver. You might be able to delete the flag and
>>> bounce all the tservers to stop it, but I can't say for certain.
>>>
>>> Sent from my phone, please pardon the typos and brevity.

+
John Vines 2013-05-16, 00:07