MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Sticky Bit Problem (CDH4.1)

Re: Sticky Bit Problem (CDH4.1)
Hi Brian,

I am not seeing this trouble on a similar version locally:

harsh@~]$ hadoop fs -ls
drwxr-xr-x   - harsh harsh          0 2012-09-28 04:21 outfoo
[harsh@~]$ hadoop fs -chmod 1777 outfoo
[harsh@~]$ hadoop fs -chmod -R 1777 outfoo
[harsh@~]$ hadoop fs -chmod -R +t outfoo
[harsh@~]$

What is your JVM/Java version? There's one known issue with Java 7
(vs. 6) that may break things in the regex areas (I recall Oozie
facing a similar issue with one of the Patterns it was using). Make
sure you use Java 6 (1.6) for now, until there's been more testing
with Java 7 for Hadoop/etc.

--
Harsh J
+