Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Command-line arg instead of myid file?

+
Matthias Ogden 2013-09-30, 21:13
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-09-30, 21:19
Re: Command-line arg instead of myid file?
While it's obviously a workaround, wouldn't it be trivial to create a
wrapper script around the zkServer.sh script that takes the value of the
myid file as an argument and creates / overwrites it when you start the
server?
On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 7:19 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> FYI - management of the myid file and zoo.cfg is one of the raison d'etre
> of Netflix Exhibitor: https://github.com/Netflix/exhibitor
>
> On Sep 30, 2013, at 2:13 PM, Matthias Ogden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > The "myid" file is currently causing me a fair bit of grief because I
> have
> > to manually create the file on each host in my cluster.
> >
> > Is there a philosophical reason why it wouldn't be possible to change
> > ZooKeeper to support a command-line argument instead of the myid file?
> Then
> > I could provide custom launch args to each instance while leaving the
> host
> > bootstrapping alone.

+
Patrick Hunt 2013-10-02, 18:56