HBase >> mail # user >> Getting RetriesExhaustedException while getting rows

+
Vidosh Sahu 2013-02-08, 08:57
Re: Getting RetriesExhaustedException while getting rows
Can you tell us the version of HBase you're using ?

If you can publish region server log around time of such error, that would
help too.

Please use pastebin for log snippet.

Thanks

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 12:57 AM, Vidosh Sahu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a pseudo-distributed setup of hbase/hadoop. I have 2 tables in
> hbase.
>
> I have a scheduler which runs at some frequency. Scheduler kicks three
> different mapper 1 by 1 (one the successful completion of the first one,
> the next one starts).
>
> When I ran it on lesser data it works fine, but in case of huge data it
> throws the following exception -
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Trying to contact
> region server null for region , row '*********************', but failed
> after 10 attempts.
> Exceptions:
> java.io.IOException:
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@81f25closed
> java.io.IOException:
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@81f25closed
> java.io.IOException:
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@81f25closed
> java.io.IOException:
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@81f25closed
> java.io.IOException:
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@81f25closed
> java.io.IOException:
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@81f25closed
> java.io.IOException:
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@81f25closed
> java.io.IOException:
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@81f25closed
> java.io.IOException:
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@81f25closed
> java.io.IOException:
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@81f25closed
>
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getRegionServerWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:1017)
>  at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.get(HTable.java:549)
>
> Thanks,
> Vidosh

+
Vidosh Sahu 2013-02-08, 17:52