MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hello and request some advice.

Hello and request some advice.
Hi all in this list!

My name is Cristián Carranza, a statistician and quality consultant that for the second time, intends to learn Hadoop and Big Data related issues.
I’am requesting advice in order to plan my learning.
I read the page “ Products that include Apache Hadoop or derivative works and Commercial Support”
but after that, I am still with doubts.

Please, as a newcomer, I want some advice about the following topics:

- I want to begin by learning how to find specified strings of text in a hiuge data set (csv, txt format, huge means 10 Gb.
- Is Ubuntu a good O.S. for running Hadoop?  I’ve tried to learn in the past using Red Hat & Infosphere Biginsights, but I need a free O.S.
- Is there a way to learn Hadoop without a static IP address? That was really a problem for me when dealing with Infosphere, since I travel frequently.

That’s all for now.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Cristián Carranza