MapReduce >> mail # user >> How can I limit reducers to one-per-node?

RE: How can I limit reducers to one-per-node?
Looking at the Job File for my job I see that this property is set to 1, however I have 3 reducers per node (I’m not clear what configuration is causing this behavior).

My problem is that, on a 15 node cluster, I set 15 reduce tasks on my job, in hopes that each would be assigned to a different node, but in the last run 3 nodes had nothing to do, and 3 other nodes had 2 reduce tasks assigned.

From: Nan Zhu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2013 11:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: How can I limit reducers to one-per-node?

I haven't use AWS MR before…..if your instances are configured with 3 reducer slots, it means that 3 reducers can run at the same time in this node,

what do you mean by "this property is already set to 1 on my cluster"?

actually this value can be node-specific, if AWS MR instance allows you to do that, you can modify mapred-site.xml to change it from 3 to 1

Best,

--

Nan Zhu

School of Computer Science,