Hive >> mail # dev >> [RESULT] Apache Hive 0.11.0 Release Candidate 2

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Owen O'Malley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Based on feedback from everyone, I have respun release candidate, RC2.
> Please take a look. We've fixed 7 problems with the previous RC:
> * Release notes were incorrect
>  * HIVE-4018 - MapJoin failing with Distributed Cache error
>  * HIVE-4421 - Improve memory usage by ORC dictionaries
>  * HIVE-4500 - Ensure that HiveServer 2 closes log files.
>  * HIVE-4494 - ORC map columns get class cast exception in some contexts
>  * HIVE-4498 - Fix TestBeeLineWithArgs failure
>  * HIVE-4505 - Hive can't load transforms with remote scripts
>  * HIVE-4527 - Fix the eclipse template
>
> Source tag for RC2 is at:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hive/tags/release-0.11.0rc2

With 9 +1's (4 binding) and no -1's the vote passes. I will continue the
release process to publish the artifacts. Thank you to everyone who worked
on the release and especially those that took the time to validate the rc
and vote.

-- Owen