Hive >> mail # user >> FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: Unable to fetch table test_table

Re: FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: Unable to fetch table test_table
well. There lies your answer.  So. what you might consider doing is
altering that table column and change it to tinyint.  That might be just
enough to trick it since i think the java code is expecting either a 0 or 1
- not 'false'.

might be worth a try.