Accumulo, mail # user - Suggestions on modeling a composite row key

+
Mike Hugo 2013-02-27, 04:51
Re: Suggestions on modeling a composite row key
Christopher 2013-02-27, 08:03
Check out Typo: https://github.com/keith-turner/typo
What you're describing is the motivation for that little utility API.

Alternatively, if you don't care about the overhead costs or human
readability, you could use a modified base64 encoding of your binary
key components that preserves the ordering (such as
http://iharder.sourceforge.net/current/java/base64/ which I found with
Google just now), encode them individually, and join them using a
delimiter of your choosing (so long as your delimiter is
lexicographically ordered prior to all the bytes in the output bytes
of your order-preserving encoding).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Mike Hugo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I need to build up a row key that consists of two parts, the first being a
> URL (e.g. http://foo.com/dir/page%20name.htm) and the second being a number
> (e.g. "12").
>
> To date we've been using \u0000 to delimit these two pieces of the key, but
> that has some headaches associated with it.
>
> I'm curious to know how other people have delimited composite row keys.  Any
> best practices or suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
+