Accumulo >> mail # user >> Suggestions on modeling a composite row key

Re: Suggestions on modeling a composite row key
Check out Typo: https://github.com/keith-turner/typo
What you're describing is the motivation for that little utility API.

Alternatively, if you don't care about the overhead costs or human
readability, you could use a modified base64 encoding of your binary
key components that preserves the ordering (such as
http://iharder.sourceforge.net/current/java/base64/ which I found with
Google just now), encode them individually, and join them using a
delimiter of your choosing (so long as your delimiter is
lexicographically ordered prior to all the bytes in the output bytes
of your order-preserving encoding).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii