HBase >> mail # user >> Installing as standalone on mac

Re: Installing as standalone on mac
On 9/29/11 9:18 PM, gerberdata wrote:
> I am trying to install hbase and hadoop on as standalone on mac.  Is there any tutorial that will show me the best way to do this.
The book advises starting with downloading the latest stable binary
release, but you might be interested in building from source. The
following works for me. Make sure you have git and Apache Maven in your
path ("which javac" and "which mvn").

Then do :

git clone https://github.com/apache/hbase.git
cd hbase
mvn clean compile
bin/hbase master start
(^^^ this starts the HBase cluster in the foreground).

You should now be able to access your standalone HBase cluster's web UI
at: http://localhost:60010 .

You could now open up another shell and continue on with the book at:
http://hbase.apache.org/book/quickstart.html#shell_exercises .

-Eugene