Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSS] Move common, hdfs, mapreduce contrib components to apache-extras.org or elsewhere

Re: [DISCUSS] Move common, hdfs, mapreduce contrib components to apache-extras.org or elsewhere
For contrib components that we elect not to remove, I suggest that we
remove them from the main build, so that failures in a contrib
component don't hinder the main build and release. This is what
ZooKeeper does, for example.

Tom