Pig, mail # user - easiest way to get loops in PIG?

+
Yang 2012-06-21, 02:11
+
Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu 2012-06-21, 05:12
Re: easiest way to get loops in PIG?
Prashant Kommireddi 2012-06-21, 02:15
Would embedding Pig in java or other languages work?

http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.10.0/cont.html#embed-java
On Jun 20, 2012, at 7:12 PM, Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree that pig does not have loop probably for a good reason.
>
> but currently I need to write a code to find the transitive closures of
> many edges in a graph.
> so I need to iterate a code snippet several times, so finally I can find a
> connected component of size 2^N
>
> right now I just copy-paste the snippet several times.
>
> I guess I could take out the snippet and make it into a separate pig
> script, and load and store intermediate data
> at the beginning and end. but loading data is kind of a waste.
>
> any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Yang
+