Hadoop >> mail # user >> Does Hadoop 0.20.2 and HBase 0.90.3 compatible ??

Re: Does Hadoop 0.20.2 and HBase 0.90.3 compatible ??
> Is *Hadoop 0.20.2  also not compatible with Hbase 0.90.3 ???*

In a strict sense they are, but without append support HBase cannot guarantee that the last block of write ahead logs are synced to disk, so in some failure cases edits will be lost. With append support then the "hole" of these failure cases is closed. Also append branch adds a change to lease recovery that allows the HBase Master to take ownership of regionserver logs in order to split them quickly. (Without this patch you may be waiting 10 minutes for lease recovery...) So these differences are clearly important for durability and fault recovery in a realistic time frame.

A full reinstallation is not necessary.

You can take the Hadoop core jar packaged in lib/ of HBase 0.90.3 and replace every Hadoop core jar on your cluster with them.

OR

You can compile 0.20-append and just replace the Hadoop core jar everywhere with the result, including the one in the HBase lib/.

   - Andy