HBase >> mail # user >> Scan performance

+
Tony Dean 2013-06-21, 21:08
+
lars hofhansl 2013-06-21, 22:37
+
Vladimir Rodionov 2013-06-22, 00:00
+
lars hofhansl 2013-06-22, 13:24
+
Tony Dean 2013-06-24, 20:48
+
lars hofhansl 2013-06-24, 21:05
+
Tony Dean 2013-06-25, 00:21
+
Tony Dean 2013-07-02, 21:31
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-02, 22:11
+
Tony Dean 2013-07-17, 01:29
+
Tony Dean 2013-07-03, 14:59
+
Tony Dean 2013-06-22, 03:50
+
Anoop John 2013-06-22, 06:58
+
lars hofhansl 2013-06-22, 13:29
+
James Taylor 2013-06-22, 17:17
+
Tony Dean 2013-06-24, 20:39
+
Tony Dean 2013-07-17, 03:07
Re: Scan performance
Hi Tony,

I know it's been a while and am not sure if you already figured out the
issue but try taking at HBASE-9079 and see if it's similar to the problem
that you are facing with FuzzyRowFilter. I have attached a patch to that
ticket too and have verified that it fixed things for me in production.

Thanks,
Viral

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM, Tony Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was able to test scan performance with 0.94.9 with around 6000 rows X 40
> columns and FuzzyRowFilter gave us 2-4 times better performance.  I was
> able to test this offline without any problems.  However, once I turned it
> on in our development cluster, we noticed that with some row keys that
> should have matched were not matching.  After reverting back to
> SingleColumnValueFilter the cases that were failing, began to work again.
>  We thought that the anomaly was due to certain data in row key, but we
> managed to create identical row keys in a different table and see the scan
> work.  So, bottom line I can't explain this behavior.  Has anyone seen this
> behavior and does anyone have debugging tips?
>
> Thanks.

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-10-19, 11:46