Flume >> mail # dev >> How JIRA Issues are Classified

+
Israel Ekpo 2013-03-26, 21:07
+
Mike Percy 2013-03-27, 01:05
Re: How JIRA Issues are Classified
Mike,

I have created a wiki page to document the various classifications.

This can be a starting point.

We can provide additional examples or clarifications for each
classification as needed.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLUME/Classification+of+JIRA+Issues

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Mike Percy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Israel,
> It does seem somewhat arbitrary how issues are classified sometimes. :) At
> release time in the past I have gone and reclassified stuff that I thought
> was in the wrong place.
>
> Thanks for bringing up the point. Do you have any specific suggestions?
> Personally I had forgotten there was a Documentation type and agree it's
> good practice to mark doc JIRAs as such.
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Israel Ekpo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > I have ran into JIRA issues like
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1621 where very important
> > features within Flume are not documented properly or not documented at
> all
> > and we need to address the problem.
> >
> > In this particular instance, I think the issue should have been
> classified
> > as Improvement or Documentation rather than as a Bug.
> >
> > Should these be classified as Bugs, Improvements or Documentation.
> >
> > So my question now is:
> >
> > In general, when do we classify the JIRA issues as:
> >
> > - Improvement
> > - Documentation
> > - Bug
> > - Wish
> > - Task
> > - New Feature
> >
> > Are there any guidelines that could help in classifying the issues
> > properly?

+
Mike Percy 2013-03-27, 05:25
+