Hive, mail # user - can hive handle concurrent JDBC statements?

can hive handle concurrent JDBC statements?
Bing Li 2013-04-16, 14:04
Hi All,
I am writing a java program to run concurrent JDBC statements. But it
failed with:
org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: execute failed: out of sequence
response
The steps are:
1. open a connection to "jdbc:derby://hiveHost:port/commonDb"
2. run select statement at the same time:
    String sql = "select * from " + tableName;
    ResultSet rs1 = stmt.executeQuery(sql);
    ResultSet rs2 = stmt.executeQuery(sql);
while(rs1.next() & rs2.next())
{
String s1 = rs1.getString(1);
String s2 = rs2.getString(1);
System.out.println(s1+" | "+s2);
}
My question is can hive handle concurrent JDBC statements?

Thanks,
- Bing