Hive >> mail # dev >> Extending Explode

Re: Extending Explode
So the explode output should be in the order of the array or the map you
are exploding.

I think you could use rank or row-sequence to give the exploded attay a
number. If that does not wok adding a new udf might make more sence then
extwnding in this case.:

On Friday, July 26, 2013,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to make a patch that extends the functionality of "explode" to
include an output column with the position of each item in the original
array.

> I imagine this could be useful to the greater community and am wondering
if I should extend the current explode function or if I should write a
completely new function. Any thoughts on what will be more useful and more
likely to be added to the hive-trunk would be greatly appreciated.