HBase >> mail # user >> Possibly unnecessary check in Result.getColumnLatest(byte[] family, byte[] qualifier)

Possibly unnecessary check in Result.getColumnLatest(byte[] family, byte[] qualifier)
Hi All,

I was looking into the code of Result.getColumnLatest(byte[] family, byte[]
qualifier) in HBase0.94.3 tag.
I feel like the following check is unnecessary on line #245 since we have
already got the right column by preforming binary search previously:
    if (kv.matchingColumn(family, qualifier)) {
      return kv;
    }

Am i missing something over here?
--