Zookeeper >> mail # user >> curator service discovery, search to Select a service intance

+
Yasin 2013-01-28, 20:10
Re: curator service discovery, search to Select a service intance
FYI - Curator has its own mailing list/group: http://groups.google.com/group/curator-users

What you want should be easy to do. Curator-Discovery supports custom ProviderStrategy-s. Just write one that does what you describe. The instance id is available from ServiceInstance.getId() or you can store an index in the ServiceInstance's payload.

-Jordan

On Jan 28, 2013, at 12:10 PM, Yasin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am looking into curator service discovery API to implement a service that
> meets some requirements. I know there are three strategies to retrieve a
> service instance: Round-robin, Random, and Sticky. I want something
> different than these strategies.
>
> Suppose I have 3 service instance with id of 3, 5, 8. Client does not have
> any information about these ids. When client request an instance with id of
> 5 "getNewInstance(5)", the service should return the instance whose id is 5.
> This is OK since we have it in our repository. However, when client issues
> "getNewInstance(6)", the service provider should return the instance whose
> id is 8, not an error. I mean the service provider should return the
> instance whose is the next smallest one in the repository. I do not know if
> this is possible with the current strategies.
>
> Any help/comment is appreciated.
>
> best
> Yasin

Yasin 2013-01-28, 20:41