Hadoop, mail # general - where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?

+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-11, 21:20
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-11, 21:36
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-12, 08:55
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-12, 21:35
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-12, 21:51
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-12, 22:09
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-13, 09:44
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-02-13, 20:07
Re: where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?
Steve Loughran 2013-02-14, 14:05
On 13 February 2013 20:07, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I like the idea of testing all FS for expected behavior, in HttpFS we are
> already doing something along these lines testing HttpFS against HDFS and
> LocalFS. Also testing 2 WebHDFS clients.

excellent. I look forward to your test contributions!

> Regarding where these 'extensions' would go, well, we could have something
> like share/hadoop/common/filesystem-ext/s3 and whoever wants to use s3
> would have to symlink those JARs into common/lib. Or having a way to
> activate via a HADOOP_COMMON_FS_EXT env which extension JARs to pick up. I
> guess the BigTop guys could help defining this magic.
>

> I was thinking of less of "where should it go at install time" and "where
do we keep it in SVN"

at install time you'd need the JAR + any dependencies on the daemon paths
-if it is to be everywhere- or uploaded with a job into distributed cache.
Testing that the latter works with filesystem.get() would be something to
play with.

& yes, bigtop could help there
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2013-03-01, 05:02