Kafka >> mail # user >> Kafka 0.6-RC2 -> 0.7 migration

Kafka 0.6-RC2 -> 0.7 migration
Hello Kafka users,

We've been using Kafka 0.6-RC2 with no problems for a while now and
are now looking to actually catch up with the rest of the Kafka world.
 I was wondering if these versions are backwards compatible.
Specifically, I'm wondering about the compatibility of the on-disk
messages and the client APIs.  I'm wondering if there are any
conversion steps to upgrade the data (or if I need to update clients
first or something like that), or should I just be able to update my
jars at will and have things continue to work?

I've been looking around a bit and haven't found too much detail about
this, so I decided to ask here.  If this is documented somewhere,
please feel free to point me to that.

--Eric