Hadoop >> mail # dev >> git line endings trouble since recent trunk

+
Sandy Ryza 2013-06-28, 18:01
+
Zhijie Shen 2013-06-28, 18:54
Re: git line endings trouble since recent trunk
Sandy... did you fix this? any jira to track? me too facing same problem..

Thanks,
Omkar Joshi
*Hortonworks Inc.* <http://www.hortonworks.com>
On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Zhijie Shen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Have the same problem here, have to edit the patch manually to exclude the
> changes in releasenotes.html
>

> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Sandy Ryza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > Has anybody else been having trouble with line endings since pulling
> trunk
> > recently?
> >
> > hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html
> > shows up as modified even though I haven't touched it, and I can't check
> it
> > out or reset to a previous version to make that go away.  The only thing
> > can do to neutralize it is to put it in a dummy commit, but I have to do
> > this every time I switch branches or rebase.
> >
> > This appears to have began after the release notes commit
> >  (8c5676830bb176157b2dc28c48cd3dd0a9712741), and must be due to a line
> > endings change.
> >
> > -Sandy
> >

> --
> Zhijie Shen