Sqoop >> mail # user >> Re: Export in free form And Mixed update/insert

Re: Export in free form And Mixed update/insert
Hi Jarek Jarcec Cecho

  I also have found the tip. Thank you.

  Here comes another question.

  I find that  sqoop-1.4  support one  to update rows if they exist in the
database already or insert rows if they do not exist yet  by using
--update-key <col-name> --update-mode <mode>.

  However, I got the error when I tried it:
  ERROR tool.ExportTool: Error during export: Mixed update/insert is not
supported against the target database yet

 Note: the database is oracle.

 1.Does it only supports the MySQL,but I found nothing that hint this in
docs.

 2.Is there any solutions that fullfil my issue to update rows if they
exist in the database already or insert rows if they do not exist yet

Thanks you.
Regards.
2013/5/22 Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi YouPeng,
> Sqoop 1 do not supports custom insert query when exporting data from HDFS.
> I think that in your use case you can use parameter --columns to specify
> which columns and in what order are present on HDFS, for example:
>
>   sqoop ... --columns ID,TIMEID,COLA,COLB
>
> Jarcec
>
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 02:49:04PM +0800, YouPeng Yang wrote:
> > Hi
> >   I want to  export data on the HDFS to the oracle database with
> > sqoop-1.4(sqoop-1.4.1-cdh4.1.2). However the columns betwean HDFS and
> > Oracle table  are  not exactly same to each other.
> >
> >  For example,Data on HDFS:
> > | ID |      TIMEID          |   COLA  | COLB  |
> > | 6  |  201305221335    |    0        |  20      |
> >
> > the Oracle table:
> > | ID |      TIMEID          |   COLC  | COLB   | COLA |
> > | 7  |  201305221335    |     kk      |  20      |  1       |
> > Note:Additional COLC and unsame order.
> >

> > I notice the sqoop export command:
> > --export-dir   HDFS source path for the export
> > --table  Table to populate.
> > It seams not to export the data to oracle in free from just as Free-form
> > Query Imports
> > using the --query argument.
> >
> > Could I acheive that goal ?
> >
> > Thanks very much