Flume >> mail # user >> Flume hops behind HAProxy

Re: Flume hops behind HAProxy
Resending given I sent it during off-hours.
________________________________
 From: Rahul Ravindran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:52 PM
Subject: Flume hops behind HAProxy

Hi,
   Before I try it, I wanted to check if there were any known issues with this. We will have multiple flume agents sending an Avro stream each to a smaller set of intermediate flume hops. Are there any issues/concerns around having the flume agents send their streams to an HAProxy which will round robin between the different flume hops. Any issue around the transaction mechanism with this setup?

I know that there is a selector mechanism in Flume to do this, but our operations extensively use HAProxy, and are most familiar with it.

Thanks,
~Rahul.