Pig >> mail # user >> runtime exception when load and store multiple files using avro in pig

+
Danfeng Li 2012-08-21, 23:38
+
Cheolsoo Park 2012-08-22, 00:06
RE: runtime exception when load and store multiple files using avro in pig
Thanks, Cheolsoo. That solve my problems.

It will be nice if pig can do this automatically when there are multiple avrostorage in the code. Otherwise, we have to manually track the numbers.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Cheolsoo Park [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: runtime exception when load and store multiple files using avro in pig

Hi Danfeng,

The "long" is from the 1st AvroStorage store in your script. The AvroStorage has very funny syntax regarding multiple stores. To apply different avro schemas to multiple stores, you have to specify their "index" as follows:

set1 = load 'input1.txt' using PigStorage('|') as ( ... ); *store set1 into 'set1' using org.apache.pig.piggybank.storage.avro.AvroStorage('index', '1');*

set2 = load 'input2.txt' using PigStorage('|') as ( .. ); *store set2 into 'set2' using org.apache.pig.piggybank.storage.avro.AvroStorage('index', '2');*

As can be seen, I added the 'index' parameters.

What AvroStorage does is to construct the following string in the frontend:

"1#<1st avro schema>,2#<2nd avro schema>"

and pass it to backend via UdfContext. Now in backend, tasks parse this string to get output schema for each store.

Thanks,
Cheolsoo

+
Cheolsoo Park 2012-08-22, 01:03