Accumulo, mail # dev - Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit

+
Adam Fuchs 2013-01-27, 01:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-29, 01:37
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-27, 17:26
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-27, 20:43
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-27, 22:07
+
David Medinets 2013-01-28, 15:46
+
Jim Klucar 2013-01-28, 16:38
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-28, 17:03
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-28, 19:26
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-28, 21:34
+
William Slacum 2013-01-29, 00:12
+
Dave Marion 2013-01-29, 00:21
+
William Slacum 2013-01-29, 00:32
+
Dave Marion 2013-01-29, 00:50
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-29, 17:15
Re: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit
Christopher 2013-01-29, 17:34
Features I'd like to see:

1. Better user experience for configuration: separate, *non-xml*
configuration files for separate services, and for clients.
2. Separate packaging for separate services (tservers, monitor, master,
trace), especially for RPMs and DEBs to make provisioning easier.
3. A suite of command-line utilities based on the shell's commands, that
work in Bash, rather than be restricted to the limitations of the shell to
issue these commands.
4. Provide a script maintained and supported by the community to provision
an Accumulo cloud instance in EC2 or OpenStack.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 7:12 PM, William Slacum
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'd like to see:
> >
> > - Data triggers on insertion
> > - REST interface for looking up ranges of keys
> > - A DSL or some other interpreted language for crafting iterators
> >   - there's the clojure iterator, but something like python (via jython)
> or
> > javascript (via rhino) would be more adoptable
> > - Adding a clean up hook to iterators
>
> I was thinking about this.   If we added a close() method to the SKVI
> interface then it would break existing iterators.  Another option
> would be to support closing iterators that implement Closeable.  So if
> in iterators is an intstanceof Closeable then the framework could
> close it when its finished with the iterator.   I wish there had been
> a 1.5 ticket for this, I think it would have been fairly simple to
> implement.
>
> > - Allowing iterators to launch connections to other services (caching,
> > other tservers) to retrieve or write data
> > - Merging of the batch scanner and scanner implementations
> >   - a batch scanner with 1 thread have the same behavior as a scanner
> >   - scanners have a close() method on them
> > - Adding some builder interface for creating and introspecting iterator
> > stacks
> > - Clients being able to scan to specific keys using the scan command

+
Keith Turner 2013-01-29, 17:38
+
Christopher 2013-01-29, 18:53