Accumulo, mail # dev - Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit

Re: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit
Christopher 2013-01-29, 17:34
Features I'd like to see:

1. Better user experience for configuration: separate, *non-xml*
configuration files for separate services, and for clients.
2. Separate packaging for separate services (tservers, monitor, master,
trace), especially for RPMs and DEBs to make provisioning easier.
3. A suite of command-line utilities based on the shell's commands, that
work in Bash, rather than be restricted to the limitations of the shell to
issue these commands.
4. Provide a script maintained and supported by the community to provision
an Accumulo cloud instance in EC2 or OpenStack.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii