HBase >> mail # dev >> [question] command line to get replication metrics info

Re: [question] command line to get replication metrics info
On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Demai Ni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> JD and all,
>
> I have been looking into the shell "status" command in the past couple
> days. "status 'replication'" sound a good way to display the info to users.
> So I will follow the external.
>
> While tracing back the API supporting "status", I looked at ClusterStatus,
> HRegionServer, etc, but wasn't able to find the direct connection to the
> metrics info.

See HRS.buildServerLoad and where it's called.

> Is it ok to put getters in Source and Sink, such as "public
> getAgeOfLastShippedOp()"  in ReplicationSource.java?  Maybe there are some
> good ways to  retrieve metrics data programmatically?

JMX :) Getters are ok as long as you don't go from HRS directly to
ReplicationSource. Ask Replication to build a "ReplicationLoad" for you or
something like that.