Hadoop >> mail # dev >> APIs to move data blocks within HDFS

Re: APIs to move data blocks within HDFS
Regarding your question about a pluggable module to control placement of
data, try taking a look at the abstract class BlockPlacementPolicy and
BlockPlacementPolicyDefault, which is its default implementation.

On branch-1, you can find these classes
at src/hdfs/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/namenode.  On trunk, the package
structure is different, and these classes are
at hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/blockmanagement.

Best of luck with your research!

--Chris