Sqoop, mail # user - sqoop import into secure Hbase with kerberos

+
Suhas Satish 2013-08-05, 19:15
Re: sqoop import into secure Hbase with kerberos
Abraham Elmahrek 2013-08-05, 19:52
Hi there,

It seems like your client isn't authenticated in both cases. You seem to be
receiving errors from HBase and Sqoop. Sqoop 1.4.3 should simply work if
your user is already authenticated. Internally, Sqoop is generating
delegation tokens to communicate with HBase. It cannot do that without
being properly authenticated first though.

Could you provide the output of the following command:
"klist -e -v"

-Abe
On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Suhas Satish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I have configured hbase 94.9  with kerberos successfully for
> authentication and authorization as mentioned in the CDH security docs. I
> am using sqoop 1.4.3. Is there any configuration required from the sqoop
> client side for kerberos?
>
> I have the following permissions on hbase tables -
> hbase(main):003:0> grant 'kuser1', 'RWXCA', 'demo'
> ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException:
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException: Insufficient
> permissions (user=kuser1, scope=demo, family=, qualifer=, action=ADMIN)
>

> bin/sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://10.10.1.10/TestDB    --table t1
>  --hbase-table  t1  --column-family world
>

> When I try to import into it using sqoop with the above cmd, I get the
> following error -
>

> 2013-08-05 11:59:33,121 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer:
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException: Token generation
> only allowed for Kerberos authenticated clients
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.token.TokenProvider.getAuthenticationToken(TokenProvider.java:87)
>  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
>  at
>  at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.exec(HRegion.java:5576)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.execCoprocessor(HRegionServer.java:3868)
>  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
>  at
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureRpcEngine$Server.call(SecureRpcEngine.java:308)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:1426)
>

> Cheers,
> Suhas.

+
Suhas Satish 2013-08-05, 20:53